Health insurance is a guarantee that is given by insurance company to the policyholder to compensate for medical expenses in case he falls sick or meets up with an accident. The insurance company have tie-ups with many hospitals that helps in cashless treatments.
Why Health Insurance Is Important?
These days people deal with one health issue or even more and medical care is expensive too. A health insurance policy helps at this stage by keeping your finances on track and paying up for your medical bills when you need any treatment for any specific disease. You just have to pay an annual premium to keep this medical insurance running and all your health related finances will be handled by this health insurance.
Benefits Of Health Insurance Policy
- 1) A health insurance covers pre and post hospitalization charges for a period of 60 days. The month and insurance amount covered depends on the insurance plans purchased.
- 2) Medical insurance also covers the ambulance charges of the insured.
- 3) There is a bonus element as well that is paid to the insurer if the insured does not file any claim for any treatment throughout the year.
- 4) Some insurance companies also provide free health checkups once or twice in an year.
- 5) Insurance companies collaborates with various hospital networks so that you can get cashless treatment during the hospitalization.
People who are under 45 years of age does not require any mandatory health checkup to apply for an insurance policy. However, if there is any pre-existing disease like diabetes or hypertension then people are required to disclose that while taking up the policy. The more you age, you will pay more premium. If you take up insurance policy when you are young, then the premium would be less.
Documents Required For Health Insurance
- 1) Age proof
- 2) Identity Proof
- 3) Address Proof
- 4) Medical check-up
- 5) Passport size photo
Types Of Health Insurance
- 1) Family Health Insurance: This insurance covers all the family members against multiple diseases under one single cover. This plan offers a fixed assured sum for all the family members that can be either availed by family members or individual at the time of requirement.
- 2) Individual Insurance: This covers the policyholder for medical and hospitalization expenses and its premium is determined as per the age of the insured.
- 3) Senior Citizen Insurance: This policy is valid for senior citizens who are above 60 years of age. This policy provides cover for many health issues that occur during old age.
- 4) Surgery and Critical Illness Insurance: Kidney failure, cancer, heart attack etc. comes under critical illness and the treatment expense for them are very high. Though the premium attached with these policies is very high but they prove very beneficial in long run and at the time of hospitalization.
- 5) Maternity Health Insurance: This policy covers up all the expenses related to pre and post natal care, delivery expense and medicines prescribed by the doctor.
- 6) Unit Linked Insurance: This policy offers insurance and savings on insured amount as well. This amount is used for meeting up the expenditures that are not covered under the insurance.